How to choose colors for your website design?
The choice of color scheme for the site will affect its success and popularity with visitors. Today's marketers and SEO experts have long learned how to combine colors for promotional purposes.
Is it true that the color choice affects the website perception?
Definitely each color and shade is able to have a specific effect on the human brains
Pick up a certain color scheme for your website, starting from its subject matter. A perfect example of a successful use of color is McDonalds. Its label has a bright yellow and red color, which not only attracts attention, but also causes people's interest and affection
The right color design for a website is not just about attracting a large number of visitors, but also about creating an outstanding brand.
Let’s choose a supreme color
It is crucial for the color to evoke direct associations of the audience with a certain company. And at the same time, the choice of supreme colors for the company website should be based on the specifics of the business.
Each company has its own reasons for the choice of brand colors. They are an essential part of the marketing strategy. To understand how to properly use the colors for the site, you need to study their effect on and the impact they have on people.
For example, green color gives the user a sense of harmony, tranquility but at the same time it can have some negative associations with materialism, possessiveness.
Marketers know how each of the shades affect the customer’s psyche so they implement different color combinations to more effectively attract customers and shoppers.
Color matching for the site with a color wheel
For a more effective use of color and to create the right combinations use the color wheel, in which one after the other are tones and halftones, from warm to cold.
There are a lot of websites and mobile apps which help the designers to generate color palettes or find some color matches.
What color to use for your website?
In order for the site to convey the right message to visitors and make users appeal it, it is necessary to intelligently select the primary color for its design:
- Black color represents uniqueness, minimalism, elegance and luxury. It is preferred for promotion of premium goods.
- Gray is a neutral shade and it shows simplicity and clarity.
- Green represents nature, peace and wealth. So it can be used in some financial or eco projects.
- Yellow symbolizes life, youth and optimism. Use it best on sites aimed at young people.
- Orange attracts creative and friendly people. This color encourages action.
- Red can be a symbol of passion and energy as well as danger. As a rule, it is used to instantly cause a person's desire to take some action on the site.
- Purple is a symbol of success, wisdom and something supernatural. This color has a very calming effect on people.
- Blue symbolizes stability, reliability and security. The color is universal and equally attractive to both men and women.
So to choose the best colors for your project, you can consider the above color meanings and combine them with your brand missions and values.
Tell us what you think
offers and news